Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Quyaayaraq

Agaayutmun Quyaunga Ciuqlirmek, Man-a Tekiilluki Nangengqaamta..... Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

This group of students are the Algebra I students that take a class through distance delivery via polycom. It's a conference that uses the latest technology of taking classes with the two way streaming from the District Office and the surrounding Lower Kuskokwim School District schools. We have a really good teacher that broadcasts out of Bethel. She is a certified Math teacher, and this is a requirement with our Highly Qualified Teacher policy through the state. All of these wonderful Algebra stars are up to par with their assignments and most, if not all are in the honor roll. I'm a teacher aide for the TV teacher, Kim. She's the most effective math teacher I ever saw and observed. In a huge part, I would like to Thank her because I think she helped me pass my Praxis Math test. I have had the priviledge of aiding her Algebra II, Algebra I, and Geometry courses all through the polycom and it has been a wonderful experience.

As for my after school students, I rearranged my schedule to start at 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. every night. It has been a success because our attendance has tripled. I even enjoyed the company of two boys since the extra-curricular activities started in September. So far, we have Native Youth Olympics, wrestling, Speech, Future Teachers, Robotics, and Migrant Education running after school. A demanding schedule for most kids, but an option which is so needed in our schools today. Oh, don't forget the student council that opens up the student store for 1/2 an hour 4 days out of the week.

Our semester is almost over and I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the educators within our lives, and most of all to Skip Via, our Tech. instructor from UAF!!

1 comment:

darleneulak said...

Hi Sue,
Hope you had a nice weekend. I really like how your school is offering many different after school activities, I wish our school was more active. Thanks for sharing your school's events.